From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Kassadin in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Crown of the Shattered Queen is a key item in Kassadin surviving in lane, serving as a great counter-attacking tool.
Archangel's Staff will help counter mana drain, eventually becoming the powerful Seraph's Embrace.
Other good choices include Frozen Heart and Zhonya's Hourglass.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Kassadin skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Kassadin in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Unlike most midlaners, Teleport is a good choice on Kassadin for the gank potential.
Kassadin is slow to get going in the midlane, but late on can prove to be a devastating burst mage with a solid gap closer. Aim to play safe early, then go all-in when you hit your two-item spike.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Null Sphere, for the poke and interrupt potential.
- Level 2 - Take W - Nether Blade, for the extra damage passive and mana restore.
- First Back - Aim for a Lost Chapter, so that you have mana restore on level up.
Tips & Tricks
- Void Stone gives a shield against magic damage. For this reason Kassadin is good against midlane mages.
- Null Sphere interrupts abilities that are channeled, such as Katarina's ultimate.
- Nether Blade acts as an auto-attack reset, so remember to alternate casts with autos for optimal damage.
- Riftwalk doubles its mana cost when used consecutively, but deals more damage. Know when to use it for maximum impact.
- You can gain more distance by using Flash with Riftwalk, with the damage being dealt where you end up.