From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Nautilus in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
For tank supports, Locket of the Iron Solari and Zeke's Convergence are pretty much a given, providing excellent utility to your ADC and the wider team.
Other good items include Knight's Vow and Thornmail.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Nautilus skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Nautilus in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Nautilus is all about engage, while being tanky enough to take the brunt of any teamfight damage.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Dredge Line, for engage right from the start.
- Level 2 - Take W - Titan's Wrath, which will grant you a shield and allow you to be aggressive in zoning the enemy.
- First Back - An Aegis of the Legion will grant you a decent amount of Armor and Magic Resist.early on. Alternatively, take Mobility Boots for the out-of-combat move speed.
Tips & Tricks
- Remember that Dredge Line can hook onto the environment too, such as walls. While it can be used to escape tricky situations, be wary of missing your target and accidentally being pulled to your doom.
- Depth Charge knocks enemy champions up onto the air as it passes through them, so try using it at an enemy champion hiding behind another champion.
- Use your auto attacks on several different enemies in a teamfight, in order to briefly root as many champions as possible.