From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Nunu & Willump in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Sunfire Aegis is great for passive damage during extended battles, as Nunu is likely to get into. It synergises well with needing to stay close to use Consume.
Dead Man's Plate aids with mobility, for faster ganks using Biggest Snowball Ever!
Other good items include Thornmail, Randuin's Omen, and Spirit Visage.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Nunu & Willump skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Nunu & Willump in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Nunu has great jungle clear and mobility, so your job will be to keep farmed up and gank as much as possible.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Consume, for easier jungle clear and sustain.
- Level 2 - Take W - Biggest Snowball Ever! so you can start ganking lanes.
- First Back - Take your defensive boots if you're struggling with sustain, or start to build towards your Sunfire Aegis with a Bami's Cinder.
Tips & Tricks
- Call of the Freljord targets the closeest ally with the most attack speed.
- Consume can be used on champions, and restores 50% more health if Nunu is below 50% health himself.
- Biggest Snowball ever can be recast to let the snowball go, and it will travel in a straight line. Use this to zone.
- Snowball Barrage inflicts very little damage, but it slows enemy champions hit. After three seconds, those champions are rooted.
- Absolute Zero slows all targets in the area. Combine this with Snowball Barrage to keep enemies within the zone, for maximum CC.