From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Rell in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Evenshroud grants bonus damage if you or the enemy have been immobilized, ramping up the damage for your colleagues too. It synergises well with Rell's kit.
Zeke's Convergence offers support to your ADC, and again synergises very well with Rell's kit.
Other good items include Knight's Vow and situational tank items such as Thornmail and Spirit Visage.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Rell skill priority is:
R > W > E > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Rell in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Rell is quite similar to Leona, in that she's a support with hard engage. She's tanky, and comes with a lot of crowd control, making her an all-in kind of champion. Don't expect to survive after you've dove in, though.
- Level 1 - Take W - Ferromancy: Crash Down, for the passive move speed and knock-up engage tool.
- Level 2 - Take E - Attract and Repel, to support your ADC in lane while offering a stun.
- First Back - Aegis of the Legion will provide some useful sustain in lane early on.
Tips & Tricks
- Rell's auto-attack is long enough that it can reach through thin walls.
- Use Rell's passive, Break the Mold, to auto attack enemies and steal their Armor and Magic Resist.
- When your target dies, you lose the bonuses on the passive.
- You can redirect Shattering Strike by flashing during the animation.
- Shattering Strike breaks shields, even Morgana's.
- Ferromancy: Crash Down cannot be interrupted by stuns. However, knock-ups will.
- You can use Attract and Repel and Magnet Storm during the Ferromancy: Crash Down animation.
- Be mindful that Magnet Storm has a maximum speed limit - go too fast and enemies will break free of its effect.