From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Azir in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Luden's Tempest is a great item for midlane AP champions, with the ability haste and Echo passive great for burst damage.
Shadowflame just adds to this, synergising well with Luden's by adding extra magic penetration against lower-health champions.
Other good items include Zhonya's Hourglass, Nashor's Tooth, and Morellonomicon.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Azir skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Azir in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Azir is a midlane mage focused on harassing and controlling the lane, thanks to his soldiers and excellent burst potential.
- Level 1 - Take W - Arise, so you can summon soldiers and begin to zone your opponent. Denying farm is a big part of winning lane early on.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Conquering Sands, for more zoning potential and a good CC.
- First Back - A Lost Chapter will help with mana sustain in lane, or boots will offer Magic Penetration and move speed.
Tips & Tricks
- Remember that any soldiers you summon will grant you vision. This is ideal for checking the river if your wards are down.
- You can activate Shifting Sands during the movement animation of Conquering Sands, a mechanic that can be used to surrpise your opponent.
- Emperor's Divide can be used both offensively and defensively. Use it behind the enemy line to knock your opponents back into the path of your team.