From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Pyke in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Duskblade of Draktharr is essential on an assassin-type champion such as Pyke, causing havoc on the backlines with its passive invisibility in teamfights.
Umbral Glaive is great on Pyke as a roaming support, as it provides vision clear.
Other great items include Edge of Night, Axiom Arc, and Guardian Angel.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Pyke skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Pyke in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Unlike the majority of supports, Pyke is a straight-up assassin. His excellent mobility allows for great roams to the midlane and beyond, so you'll need to pair with an ADC who is comfortable farming lane 1v2.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Bone Skewer, for the grab potential.
- Level 2 - Take E - Phantom Undertow, for the initiation and stun.
- First Back - Start building towards your Umbral Glaive, with a Serrated Dirk.
Tips & Tricks
- Enemy champions will be thrown a distance equivalent to how long you hold the Q button of Bone Skewer. Even if the enemy is right in front of you, you'll fling them far behind you if the Q is held longer.
- Don't hesitate to back off and allow your passive to heal you up of damage recently taken.
- Use Ghostwater Dive to circle your enemies, for the ideal coup de grace.
- Bushes also work well in this respect, often giving you a hidden starting point.
- The ghost created by Phantom Undertow always returns to you. Use Flash to change the trajectory and potentially stun an enemy.
- When a champion dies inside the X of Death From Below, allies who assist will be granted the kill experience and gold. You'll also get a free reset.
- An indicator on enemy life bars will tell you whether Death From Below will kill them or not.