From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Zed in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Duskblade of Draktharr is ideal for assassins, and helps them shred their opponents.
Youmoo's Ghostblade grants lethality and abilty haste, allowing you to deal more damage in bursts.
Other good items include Edge of Night, Axiom Arc, and Serpent's Fang.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Zed skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Zed in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Zed must adapt his laning phase to that of the opposing champion, and punish any mistakes they make with his all-in burst. He also has great harass and poke, making it pretty easy to control the lane against many champions.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Razor Shuriken, for the poke.
- Level 2 - Take E - Shadow Slash, for more poke and the slow.
- First Back - Start building towards your Duskblade, with a Serrated Dirk.
Tips & Tricks
- Death Mark makes you untargetable, allowing you to dodge spells if timed correctly.
- The Shadow created by Death Mark remains for six seconds, copying any spells you cast in that time. Use it to deal damage to enemies you're not necessarily close to.
- Shadow Slash slows enemies if they are hit by a Shadow. Use this to apply Razor Shuriken more easily.
- Contempt for the Weak can be applied to any target, including minions and champions.
- Pay close attention to defensive items purchased by your enemies, such as Zhonya's Hourglass, and adjust your strategy accordingly.