From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Master Yi in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Kraken Slayer is the ideal Mythic item on Master Yi, adding attack speed, damage, crit chance and bonus on-hit damage.
Guinsoo's Rageblade ramps this attack speed up further, and turns critical chance into added damage.
Other good items include Sterak's Gage, Wit's End, Essence Reaver, Death's Dance, and Blade of the Ruined King,
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Master Yi skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Master Yi in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Master Yi is a glass cannon, and incredibly weak early on. He's highly dependent on items, but once he hits that two-item spike he can be devastating. Focus on farming early, and then use your ultimate to dive in, shred a squishy opponent, and get out.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Alpha Strike, for the damage to multiple enemies and the momentary pause in taking damage while you teleport.
- Level 2 - Take E - Wuju Style, for the additional true damage.
- First Back - Aim for a Noonquiver for the attack speed and extra on-hit damage.
Tips & Tricks
- If you're about to be burst down, use Meditate to reduce the incoming damage.
- When you score a takedown (kill or assist), the passive of Highlander reduces the cooldown of your other abilities by a significant amount.
- Alpha Strike can crit, and with good timing allows you to dodge abilities.
- Basic attacks reduce the cooldown of Alpha Strike, so don't hesitate to use minions in lane to keep your Guinsoo's stacks up and enable another cast as soon as possible.
- Highlander's duration is increased for each kill or assist earned while active.
- You'll also be immune to slows when Highlander is active, so don't hesitate to use it to escape if you need to.
- Meditate can be used as an auto-attack reset.