From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Nami in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Imperial Mandate an effective item for Nami in the botlane, allowing her ADC to deal even more damage to enemies.
Chemtech Putrifier adds Grievous Wounds on top, preventing heals from being effective.
Other good items include Staff of Flowing Water, Ardent Censer, Mikael's Blessing, and Redemption.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Nami skill priority is:
R > W > E > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Nami in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Nami needs to play pretty aggressively in the botlane early on, poking enemies and zoning them with her bubble. Since you can heal yourself as well as your ADC, don't hesitate to get into the thick of things and take a little damage in the name of denying farm. However, be mindful that she's very fragile.
- Level 1 - Take W - Ebb and Flow, for the poke and heal.
- Level 2 - Take E - Tidecaller's Blessing, to buff her ADC and force trades.
- First Back - Pick up a Bandleglass Mirror, which will offer more mana regen and eventually build into Imperial Mandate.
Tips & Tricks
- Tidecaller's Blessing can be used on yourself in order to slow an enemy, if you're in better range for it to bounce. This then makes it easier to land an Aqua Prison bubble.
- Bear in mind that your Surging Tides passive buffs allies' move speed, so don't hesitate to use your spells just to proc that bonus.
- Aqua Prison is a difficult spell to land, so focus on using other spells, such as Tidecaller's Blessing or Tidal Wave, before attempting to lock down the enemy with Aqua Prison.