From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Rengar in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Goredrinker is a great item for dealing extra damage to targets, as well as offering lifesteal for sustain when ganking.
Black Cleaver shreds through enemies with plenty of armor, offering a move speed buff in the process.
Other good items include Sterak's Gage, The Collector, Lord Dominik's Regards, Youmoo's Ghostblade, and Edge of Night.
You can also switch out the Goredrinker for the Duskblade of Draktharr, if you want to be more aggressive.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Rengar skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Rengar in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Rengar is a great champion at ganking early, as soon as level 3 hits and he gains access to all of his abilities. However, these ganks are quite weak, and require the laner to be aware and ready.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Savagery, for the attack speed buff and damage.
- Level 2 - Take W - Battle Roar, for the sustain when farming jungle camps.
- First Back - Start building towards your Mythic item, whichever you've opted for.
Tips & Tricks
- Be mindful that Control Wards (pink) will reveal Rengar's position, even when Camouflaged.
- Battle Roar is more effective the more damage you've taken.
- Using Battle Roar at max Ferocity clears any crowd control effects on you.
- You must use bushes as much as possible on Rengar, a requirement if you want to leap out and surprise an enemy.
- You have a brief window after leaving a bush to still activate this passive leap.
- Rengar's main combo is to activate Savagery, then jumping on an enemy from a bush with the passive, using Bola Strike and Roar while leaping, then finishing with the Savagery hits.