From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Kled in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Goredrinker is an essential item on toplane bruisers, and it synergises well with Kled's kit.
Sterak's Gage helps with survivability, ensuring he doesn't get burst down by a rogue gank.
Other good items include Titanic Hydra, Death's Dance, and Guardian Angel.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Kled skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Kled in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Kled is a highly aggressive champion, who should try to bully his lane opponent and prevent farm and pushing. While you'll spend most of the game splitpushing, he's great and rushing to an ally's aid, storming a teamfight for maximum impact.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Bear Trap on a Rope, so you can begin to bully your lane opponent right from the start.
- Level 2 - Take E - Jousting, which can act as both a gap closer and an escape tool.
- First Back - Start building towards your Goredrinker. However, if you're struggling, take your defensive boots.
Tips & Tricks
- When you are dismounted, you briefly become untargetable. Use this to disengage from turret focus if you're pushing a turret.
- Returning to base instantly returns Skaarl to you, regardless of courage.
- Bear Trap on a Rope pulls through minions, dealing 150% damage to them.
- Jousting cannot pass through walls, whereas the recoil from the dismounted Pocket Pistol will send you through a wall.
- Remember that you can recast Jousting to dash through the marked target.