From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Gragas in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Night Harvester is a great tool for an AP bruiser like Gragas, offering health, AP, ability haste, and a great passive for dealing more burst damage and granting a move speed buff.
Zhonya's Hourglass is a must for any AP champion for its excellent survivability tool.
Other good items include Morellonomicon, Shadowflame, and Void Staff.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Gragas skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Gragas in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Gragas is an AP burst jungler, showing up in lane and dealing devastating damage, while knocking the enemy champion into your waiting teammates. While typically slow, the Predator rune makes him a formidable jungler.
- Level 1 - Take W - Drunken Rage, for the additional damage and the damage reduction when farming jungle monsters.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Barrel Roll, for area damage and faster jungle clear.
- First Back - Pick up your boots as soon as you can, so you can take advantage of the Predator rune.
Tips & Tricks
- The classic Gragas combo is to Flash into an enemy during the animation of Body Slam.
- Use Drunken Rage between camps to recover health!
- Drunken Rage also reduces damage during channeling.
- Try to land your ult just behind the enemy line, so it knocks them into your team and away from safety.