From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Heimerdinger in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Liandry's Anguish and Zhonya's Hourglass is a core combo for any midlaner primarily dealing AP burst damage, and it's no different for Heimerdinger.
Other good items include Morellonomicon and Shadowflame.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Heimerdinger skill priority is:
R > W > Q > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Heimerdinger in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Heimerdinger is good at zoning due to his turrets, but is an even better burst mage. Play patiently, hit your spikes, and then destroy your opponents!
- Level 1 - Take Q - H-28 Evolution Turret, so you can begin zoning and poking the enemy.
- Level 2 - Take E - CH2 Electron Storm Grenade, for poke damage at range and area damage for farming.
- First Back - A Lost Chapter starts your path to Liandry's and offers some much-needed mana early on.
Tips & Tricks
- Your turrets load over time, and once loaded they fire a laser beam that inflicts heavy damage.
- Hitting an enemy with Q then E instantly recharges your turrets. In addition, they'll focus on that enemy first.
- Attacking an enemy with an auto marks them, so that your turrets target them first. Remember to use an auto before Zhonya's, so that all turrets focus down that target!
- Use Zhonya's once your target is within turret range, and let them do the hard work.
- Your rockets disperse more or less depending on your cursor position.