From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Ivern in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Moonstone Renewer offers Ivern enhanced heals and shields, as well as a slew of base stats for him to play with. The on-hit heal is also very useful.
Chemtech Putrifier is good for applying Grievous Wounds on enemies when you gank or join the battle, helping turn the tide of battle.
Other good items include Zhonya's Hourglass, Redemption, and Shadowflame.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Ivern skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Ivern in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Ivern is more of a support jungler, providing aid to his allies and protecting them as much as possible, rather than dealing damage. You'll need time to adjust to Ivern given how aytpical he is in the role.
You cannot damage jungle camps, only capture them, so skill order isn't too important in the early levels.
- First Back - Start building towards Moonstone Renewer, or pick up your boots.
Tips & Tricks
- At level 5, you can share jungle buffs with allies.
- Rootcaller can be used on jungle monsters to rush them and enjoy better mobility in the jungle.
- The bushes laid by Brushmaker don't show up on the map. Use them smartly when ganking lanes.
- Use Daisy! to tank enemy towers during dives.
- Using Rootcaller just before Daisy is a good combo, especially with Triggerseed.
- Activate Triggerseed to slow your enemy, before following up with Rootcaller.