From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Tryndamere in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Galeforce is great for dodging skillshots or to close the gap to enemy champions, something Tryndamere usually lacks.
Navori Quickblades offer plenty of crit chance and ability haste, and the passive is great for reducing his usually-long cooldowns.
Other good items include the core Infinity Edge, Mortal Reminder, and Serylda's Grudge.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Tryndamere skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Tryndamere in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Tryndamere is great at punishing mistakes in lane, and good lane control. Trading with the opponent depends on his Fury gauge, with different options available. While mostly a splitpushing toplaner, he can be useful in a teamfight by dealing a lot of damage quickly, as long as he doesn't get locked down by CC.
- Level 1 - Take E - Spinning Slash, for the area damage and quicker farm.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Bloodlust, for the lifesteal and heal.
- First Back - Start building towards your Galeforce, or pick up your boots for more attack speed.
Tips & Tricks
- Mocking Shout slows enemies, but only if they turn their backs on you.
- It also reveals enemies close to you, even if they are hidden in a bush.
- Spinning Slash can take you through walls.
- For a high-damage, low-risk move, hit your enemy with an auto and then immediately activate Spinning Slash to flee - the spell will still land.
- You can use Flash during Spinning Strike to change its trajectory or extend its range.
- Undying Rage generates 100 Fury on activation - use Bloodlust beforehand for essentially a free heal.