From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Twitch in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Kraken Slayer allows Twitch to shred through tanks, and together with Runaan's Hurricane will activate on all three shots. They also synergise very well with Twitch's passive.
Other good items include Infinity Edge, Lord Dominik's Regards, and Blade of the Ruined King.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Twitch skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Twitch in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Twitch has no defensive tools, but is all about ramping up the damage through his passive poison effect and hitting multiple opponents at the same time. Favour short trades and poke over sustained battles, and use your invisibility to surprise enemies when coming back into lane.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Ambush, for the move speed and element of surprise. This could lead to an early kill.
- Level 2 - Take E - Contaminate, to start dealing more damage with Deadly Venom.
- First Back - Pick up your boots for move and attack speed, or start towards Kraken Slayer.
Tips & Tricks
- Be mindful that Control Wards can spot Twitch when invisible.
- Enemies who remain in the zone created by Venom Cask are affected by Deadly Venom.
- Fighting in the tight spaces of the jungle suits you, as you can hit all enemies with Spray and Pray.
- Venom Cask should be used in-between auto-attacks, slowing your opponent and optimising DPS.
- Ambush has its cooldown reset when an enemy affected by Deadly Venom dies.
- The move speed bonus of Ambush is increased when you are close to an enemy without being seen.
- If an allied shield takes damage, Ambush is not interrupted.