From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Warwick in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Divine Sunderer is a good item for physical bruisers, dealing on-hit damage and offering a heal. It pairs well with the Titanic Hydra, another ideal item for bruisers.
Other good items include Thornmail, Sterak's Gage, and Spirit Visage.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Warwick skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Warwick in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Warwick has incredible sustain in the jungle, hardly losing any health during his clear, and he can mop it up pretty quickly. Even though his ganks are pretty weak pre-6, you should still be looking for an opportunity to gank. He falls off significantly in the lategame, but you should be looking to take down a squishy target before huge teamfights take place.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Jaws of the Beast, for faster jungle clear and a heal.
- Level 2 - Take W - Blood Hunt, for more mobility around the jungle and for early gank potential.
- First Back - Pick up Tiamat as early as possible.
Tips & Tricks
- When you are below 25% health, the lifesteal of your passive is tripled.
- Jaws of the Beast inflicts the effects on impact.
- If you see an enemy tight to a wall, you can use Jaws of the Beast to lock onto them and hop over the wall.
- If you hold down Q when using Jaws of the Beast, you'll follow the target even if they use a spell to dodge or move out of the way.
- Blood Hunt reveals the position of a weak enemy, even through the fog of war.
- The bonuses offered by Blood Hunt are tripled if the prey is below 20% health.
- Primal Howl reduces damage dealt to Warwick on activation. Use it at the right time to tank enemy damage.
- If you use Primal Howl followed by Infinite Duress, you'll fear enemies around your target. This is good for taking control of a neutral objective such as Dragon.
- Infinite Duress gains more range the more move speed Warwick has.