From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Veigar in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Everfrost offers a lot of midlane control, especially thanks to its activatable freeze.
Banshee's Veil offers protection against enemy spells, highly useful in not being caught out by ganks.
Zhonya's Hourglass is a core item, while other good options include Archangel's Staff, Rabadon's Deathcap, Shadowflame, and Void Staff.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Veigar skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Veigar in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
You'll want to focus on farming - or at least hitting enemies - in the early game, as Veigar very much depends on snowballing thanks to tons of stacks on his passive. Play safe, and in the lategame you'll become a one-shot master thanks to almost infinite AP scaling.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Baleful Strike, so you can begin stacking Phenomenal Evil. Use it to last hit minions.
- Level 2 - Take Dark Matter, so you can clear minions more quickly.
- First Back - Work towards your Everfrost, or pick up early boots for more magic penetration.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't hesitate to farm Raptors from your lane, using Dark Matter and Baleful Strike. This will grant you free stacks of Phenomenal Evil. Naturally, clear it with your jungler first - or aim for the enemy Raptors.
- If you don't have vision on a bush, drop an Event Horizon before entering. Dark Matter also grants vision.
- Remember, your ult deals damage based on your enemy's missing health. Use it as the final component of your burst rotation.