From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Vi in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
The Divine Sunderer / Sterak's Gage combo is core to a bruiser like Vi, offering great damage potential and survivability.
Other good items include Guardian Angel, Death's Dance, Black Cleaver, and Thornmail.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Vi skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Vi in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Vi has good jungle clear and is great at contesting neutral objectives, thanks to the attack speed granted by Dented Blows. She really comes online at level 6, and can control enemy champions with good mobility pretty well. Use her to initiate trades or teamfights, and do as much damage as she can before succumbing.
- Level 1 - Take W - Denting Blows, for the extra damage and attack speed.
- Level 2 - Take E - Relentless Force, for more damage and quicker wave clear.
- First Back - Start working towards your Divine Sunderer.
Tips & Tricks
- When you use Cease and Desist you'll land behind your opponent, meaning you can then use Vault Breaker to push them towards your team.
- Once you launch your Cease and Desist you'll follow your target, even if they use Flash.
- You can pass through walls with Vault Breaker.
- You can chain Vault Breaker to get closer to an enemy, before melting through them with Cease and Desist. However, given these are your mobility spells, be careful not to get stranded.
- You can use Flash after activating Vault Breaker to surprise your enemy, before knocking them back.