From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Xin Zhao in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
The Goredrinker / Sterak's Gage combo is great for an AD jungler like Xin Zhao, offering great damage potential and survivability when diving into an enemy backline.
Other good items include Death's Dance, Guardian Angel, Wit's End, and Thornmail.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Xin Zhao skill priority is:
R > W > E > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Xin Zhao in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Xin has good jungle clear in the early game, especially when he takes a point in E for the attack speed passive. He's an excellent duelist, but is easily punished by champions with immediate CC potential. In teamfights you'll want to try and dive on the backline and burst down the enemy carry before their teammates can react.
- Level 1 - Take E - Audacious Charge, for the attack speed on hit.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Three Talon Strike, for faster jungle clear.
- First Back - Start working towards your Goredrinker.
Tips & Tricks
- Three Talon Strike reduces the cooldown of Xin's other abilities. Use this after you've activated Audacious Charge.
- Three Talon Strike is an auto-reset - use it in-between autos to maximize DPS.
- Don't be too quick to use Audacious Strike - favour Three Talon Strike if you're already in range of the target. If your enemy tries to escape, you'll then have two gap-closers at your disposal - Flash being the other - to secure the kill.
- Wind Becomes Lightning can damage twice. The second attack has more range and slows the target, but is easy to dodge. Use it after knocking up your opponent with Three Talon Strike for best effect.
- Crescent Guard knocks back enemies, except the last one hit.
- It also generates an area around Xin, and he becomes immune to anyone outside that area. Each time he attacks an opponent the duration is extended. Use it to isolate a target and burst them down.
- Wind Becomes Lightning marks the target, and grants vision of it. It's a good way to cross walls with Audacious Charge.