From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Ziggs in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Liandry's Anguish is a great item on Ziggs, offering plenty of damage and an on-hit burn. Zhonya's Hourglass pairs well, for an essential survivability tool.
Other good items include Morellonomicon, Archangel's Staff, and Horizon Focus.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Ziggsskill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Ziggs in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Ziggs is all about poking and zoning his opponent, and pushing the lane as quickly as he can. He deals excellent damage, but is easily locked down - so be mindful of ganks coming from the midlane river.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Bouncing Bomb for the waveclear and poke.
- Level 2 - Take W - Satchel Charge, for more zoning.
- First Back - Start working towards Liandry's Anguish.
Tips & Tricks
- Casting a spell reduces your passive's cooldown.
- Bouncing Bomb bounces up to three times, so learn to judge its range.
- It can also bounce over minions, low walls, and enemy champions.
- Satchel Charge can knock you over walls, and it destroys towers below a health threshold. Use it as a gap closer, a defensive spell, or a siege weapon.
- Zigg's W, E, and R all grant vision of the target area.
- Mega Inferno Bomb takes longer to detonate depending on the distance it needs to travel. Use it in shorter range for quicker damage.
- It has exceptional range, and a low cooldown. Spam it often.
- Bouncing Bomb and Mega Inferno Bomb can be used when you're being propelled by Satchel Charge.
- Mega Inferno Bomb deals more damage at the centre of the target area.