From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Jhin in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Galeforce is a solid choice of Mythic on Jhin, offering a useful active.
The Collector adds to this with an on-hit execute, and some extra gold generation.
Other good items include Rapid Firecannon, Infinity Edge, and Lord Dominik's Regards.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Jhin skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Jhin in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Jhin benefits greatly from items that boost his move speed, as he can be quite immobile in the early game. Thanks to his kit and his exceptional range, he's a good ADC for pushing the lane, but given he has no escape tools, you'll need to be extra vigilant against ganks from the river.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Dancing Grenade, for the wave push and poke potential.
- Level 2 - Take W - Deadly Flourish, for more poke and damage.
- First Back - Pick up your boots for the move speed, then work towards your Galeforce.
Tips & Tricks
- Dancing Grenade gains extra damage if an enemy is killed from one of the bounces. Try to kill three minions with it before it bounces to an enemy champion.
- Deadly Flourish can stun an opponent, providing the target has been very recently damaged.
- Your fourth auto-attack and fourth shot of Curtain Call inflict extra damage based on the enemy's missing health, so focus on targets that are low.
- Pay attention to your positioning during Curtain Call, as you'll be vulnerable briefly after your fourth shot.