From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Sett in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
The Goredrinker / Sterak's Gage combo is great for an AD toplaner like Sett, offering great damage potential and survivability.
Other good items include Titanic Hydra, Dead Man's Plate, and Thornmail.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Sett skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Sett in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Sett is a tanky champion with heavy damage and plenty off CC. He has low range and mobility, but if he can get into the enemy backline he can turn the tide of battle.
- Level 1 - Take E - Facebreaker, for the area damage and slow.
- Level 2 - Take W - Haymaker, for the extra damage and shield.
- First Back - Start working towards Goredrinker, or pick up Tiamat.
Tips & Tricks
- Knuckle Down is a good auto reset, allowing you to chain four in a row.
- It also provides move speed when approaching an enemy. If you have to escape, take a step towards your enemy to proc the buff, then turn tail and run.
- Haymaker inflicts true damage in the centre of the spell, and physical damage on the edges.
- The Show Stopper always propels you the same distance, and will take you over walls.
- It deals additional damage depending on the health of your target. Aim for the enemy tank for best effect.