From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Kog'Maw in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Immortal Shieldbow helps marksmen survive burst damage, and adds valuable lifesteal.
Guinsoo's Rageblade turns critical chance into added damage.
Other good items include Wit's End, Rapid Firecannon, and Blade of the Ruined King.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Kog'Maw skill priority is:
R > W > Q > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Kog'Maw in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Kog'Maw has huge reach for an ADC, especially thanks to Bio-Arcane Barrage. He's got great poke, so don't hesitate to try and bully your lane opponents.
- Level 1 - Take W - Bio-Arcane Barrage, for the early poke and zoning.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Caustic Spittle, for more damage and the passive attack speed.
- First Back - Start working towards Shieldbow, or pick up boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Caustic Spittle offers vision on impact, so use it to check bushes if you don't have wards up. However, it is an expensive spell, mana-wise.
- Always get ready to move during your passive on death, and try to inflict as much damage as possible.
- Void Ooze is your only escape tool, so don't always be quick to use it when it's off cooldown.