From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Urgot in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Hullbreaker, Titanic Hydra, and Turbo Chemtank are all core items on Urgot, as a toplane bruiser.
Other good items include the Black Cleaver, and you can also switch out the Chemtank for a Frostfire Gauntlet for more control.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Urgot skill priority is:
R > W > E > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Urgot in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Urgot is a slow champion, and quite weak before unlocking his ult at 6. Play safe and farm up, and always be mindful of your positioning. In the lategame however, he becomes unbearable, a tank offering immense damage potential. He can also lock down an enemy from range, too.
- Level 1 - Take E - Disdain, for the shield and stun and extra damage to minions.
- Level 2 - Take W - Purge, for more damage and clear.
- First Back - Start building towards Hullbreaker, or pick up your defensive boots if you need them.
Tips & Tricks
- Move around your enemies in order to maximise the damage of your passive.
- Urgot's ultimate can interrupt some spells.
- Corrosive Charge and Disdain lock down your targets, ready for Purge to do its thing.
- Enemy units hit with Disdain suffer damage and are thrown to the side.
- If Urgot executes a target with his ult, he fears nearby enemies for 1.5 seconds. Use Flash to reposition yourself and take advantage!
- At max rank, Purge no longer has a cooldown and can be toggled on/off instead.
- The range of Urgot's ult is huge, but easily dodged. If you're targeting a distant enemy, wait for the right moment.