From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Viktor in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Crown of the Shattered Queen offers more survivability in lane, ideal for managing trades and potential ganks.
Shadowflame grants bonus magic penetration and a decent pool of AP, for more damage.
Other good items include Cosmic Drive, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Lich Bane.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Viktor skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Viktor in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Viktor is a strong mage from the outset, being able to poke opponents with Death Ray and Siphon Power helps protect Viktor with a shield. Try to bully the toplane, clearing waves quickly and harassing your opponent enough that they have to back often. If you can deny them enough farm, you should win lane pretty safely. Just watch out for ganks.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Siphon Power, for the poke and shield.
- Level 2 - Take E - Death Ray, for the poke and area damage.
- First Back - Start building towards your Crown with a Lost Chapter, which will help with mana sustain.
Tips & Tricks
- You can move your Chaos Storm by recasting it and aiming for the desired location.
- Against champions who will try to dive on you, such as Zed or Talon, place your Gravity Field at your feed and they'll have no choice but to disengage. If they don't, they face being stunned and burst down.