From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Ekko in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Hextech Rocketbelt offers more mobility to mages, and is great for ganking and closing gaps before unleashing your burst damage.
Lich Bane is a solid choice for AP users who work in auto-attacks such as Ekko, offering move speed, AP, amd an on-hit bonus.
Other good items include Zhonya's Hourglass, Rabadon's Deathcap, Shadowflame, and Mejai's Soulstealer.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Ekko skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Ekko in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Ekko is a highly mobile jungler who's great at rolling up to lanes and disrupting the enemy's flow. Farm up your camps to try and get ahead, and then keep on the move to help your lanes.
- Level 1 - Take W - Parallel Convergence, for the slow and area damage.
- Level 2 - Take Q - for help with clearing jungle camps.
- First Back - Start working towards your Rocketbelt.
Tips & Tricks
- Chronobreak is Ekko's best tool, allowing you to perform dangerous trades with a get-out-of-jail-free card.
- Phase Dive is your best initiate/escape tool, provided you have a target or wall in range. It has a long cooldown early on, though, so use it sparingly.
- Your passive grants extra damage and move speed every third hit. Try to time this for maximum damage and effect.
- Timewinder slows enemies near the projectile. This helps you land Phase Dive more easily, applying your passive.
- The passive of Parallel Convergence deals more damage to low-health targets. Ekko is great at chasing down enemies fleeing due to low health.
- Use Parallel Convergence, then Zhonya's Hourglass in the Convergence field. Once the stasis ends, the Convergence should activate and stun enemies around you.