At the beginning of your Pokémon Scarlet and Purple adventure, you will encounter the Legendary exclusive to your version: Koraidon (scarlet) or Miraidon (purple). Very weakened, your objective will be to take care of it, in particular by giving it the Secret Spices kept by the 5 Dominants of the game. This will allow it to acquire mount skills such as Sprinting, Surfing or Climbing. But as for the fight, you will have to wait for the end of the scenario before your Miraidon/Koraidon can fight! From then on, you can use it during combat or on a mount, but you can not exchange it. It's normal: you'll have to capture another copy! (Leave this article if you have not completed the main scenario).
How do I switch from mount mode to combat?
Throughout your adventure, your Legendary will only help you move faster and climb mountains. Once the scenario is completed, you will unlock its combat form which you can of course use.
- Click X to access your Menu and Pokémon Team,
- Miraidon/Koraidon is at the very bottom of the list, in 7th position,
- By pressing "+", you activate his mount form as you are used to,
- By pressing A, he will be able to adopt his combat form. However, this requires that one of your team's slots be empty in order to make room for it. He will now be part of your team and you can send him into battle.
- Be careful though, this specific Legendary is not tradable. If you want to complete your Pokédex with the Legendary of the other version, you will have to go and capture another Miraidon/Koraidon.
Where to find and capture the second Miraidon / Koraidon?
Once the end credits have passed and the end-game has started after the dialogue at Headmaster Clavel's office, you can return to Paldea Crater and capture the famous Paradox Pokémon such as Iron Mite, Iron Thorn, Garde-de-Iron or Pelage-Sablé (depending on the version).
Go back to the very bottom of the abyss, near the large Laboratory where you defeated Turum/Olim. Near one of the large crystals, you will see a small rise with Miraidon/Koraidon at the end. Save well, take Hyper Ball (or the Master Ball) and go capture it.
You will now have a real copy of the Legendary in your PC box and you can exchange it (back and forth or not) to a player who has the other legendary to complete your Pokédex.
In this new Paldea pokédex entry in Pokémon Scarlet and Purple, we're going to look at Dunsparce, a fairly rare pokemon that has an even rarer triple evolution form: here's how to get it.