AT LAST! The official song of the League of Legends World Championship 2019 is finally out and it's called "Phoenix"! It's performed by Cailin Russo et Chrissy Costanza — a singer known by the community for being the interpret of "Legends Never Die" — the 2017 Worlds' Song.
The music is centered around the three midlaner stars: Caps, Faker and Rookie — and the three storytelling related to their respective teams:
- The return of SKT, the most successful team in the world
- The return of IG, the reigning world champions
- The arrival of G2, the best team currently
At first sight, each of the three protagonists seems represented by a League of Legends champion:
- Irelia for Caps
- Lissandra for Rookie
- Karma for Faker
Throughout the duration of the clip, each champion faces a double that is similar to the doubts of each player:
- For Caps, his doubt probably represents his defeat in the 2018 Worlds final.
- For Faker, his doubts may represent his 3-0 defeat in the 2017 Worlds final, his catastrophic 2018 year and his loss in the 2019 MSI semi-final against G2 Esports
- For Rookie, this probably refers to his defeat against Team Liquid in the MSI semifinals which greatly weakened the team in the summer segment.
Despite the difficulties, each player manages to "Destroy his doubts" and get up before heading to the Summoner's Cup, which represents the World Championship.
We will inform you of any hidden elements in the clip as soon as we have discovered them!
Feel free to send us your comments if you catch anything that we didn't see!
It's D-Day! The League of Legends Worlds 2019 Grand Finals just ended with the win of FunPlus Phoenix. G2 Esports failed to achieve the Grand Slam, and lost 0-3 while facing the LPL champions.