- Hunter's Talisman will bring the health regeneration necessary to clear of your jungle in beginning of game.
Boots of Mobility are essential to any jungle which has strong ganks to maximize the impact of its domination. However, opt for Mercury Treads when you're up against a lot of opponents who also use magic damage, or Ninja Tabi against a predominantly physical composition.
- Runic Echoes offers all the necessary statistics for Ekko to be able to farm his jungle, and make effective ganks.
- Lich Bane and Hextech Protobelt-01 are very useful for its statistics such as Power, Mana and movement speed. But on Ekko, the interest lies above all in the passive. It inflicts additional magic damage on the next automatic attack, after casting a spell, which is in perfect symbiosis with E - Phase Dive. The Hextech Protobelt-01 will allow you to cover greater distances with E - Phase Dive, which allows Ekko to surprise some targets that are too far away.
- Zhonya's Hourglass allows you to position yourself much more aggressively during a teamfight. This active makes you untargetable for a few seconds, so give your ultimate hologram more time to get closer to you, who are in the middle of your opponents, to ensure a sublime R - Chronobreak.
- Void Staff ignores a significant part of the opponents' magical resistance which can be very useful when they begins to store magical resistance.
How to play Ekko?
Ekko's strength lies in his ability to clean camps and his movement in early game. So don't hesitate to play aggressively and challenge as much as possible the Rift Scuttlers or gank quickly from the lanes.
- Level 1: Start with Q - Timewinder to very quickly apply the 3 effects of your passive.
- Level 2 : Choose E - Phase Dive which allows you to kill the monsters of the jungle more quickly or to have a more effective level 2 gank. At level 3, take W - Parallel Convergence.
- First Back: Try to return to base after around 1000 gold to get Tracker's Knife and a Pair of Boots and/or Dark Seal.
Tips & Tricks
- R - Chronobreak, Ekko's ultimate weapon. It allows you to go back 4 seconds and thus take aggressions that would normally be to your disadvantage.
- E - Phase Dive is the tool for initiation and escape, provided you have a target or wall within range. The recovery time being long at the beginning of the game, be careful not to use it just anyhow.
- Passive - Z-Drive Resonance is used to inflict damage and increase movement speed. If you are able to use it you can use this bonus movement speed to disengage or re-engage.
- Q - Timewinder slows down enemies close to the projectile. Use it to ensure you hit E - Phase Dive and apply Passive -Z-Drive Resonance to maximize your damage.
- W - Parallel Convergence has a Passive that deals additional damage to targets at less than 30% of their life. Feel free to hunt champions with low health to secure eliminations.
- Use W - Parallel Convergence in combination with Zhonya's Hourglass. Launch W - Parallel Convergence and move into the area of it to use the Zhonya's Hourglass active. Once stasis is complete, W - Parallel Convergence should activate and stun all enemies around you.