- Illaoi is capable of dealing huge amount of damage if she can set her tentacles before the fight. The more enemies present, the more damage Illaoi can deal healing herself in the process. In fact, R - Leap of Faith spanws a tentacle per enemy hit. Items providing both survivability and AD are a must.
Black Cleaver vs Trinity Force
Very effective against tanks. The armor reduction provided by the Black Cleaver give the opportunity to Illaoi of dealing more over time damage, ideal in teamfights.
A more aggressive choice focusing on 1V1 fights. A perfect item if your ahead of you oponent or if you want to splitpush.
Illaoi is a very strong champion if free to choose where to fight. Use your passive Prophet of an Older God and to spawn tentacles damaging enemies and healing Illaoi.
Illaoi is very scary in lane with her E - Test of Spirit for exemple, forcing your oponent to get away if hit to minimize the received damage.
On top of that, the spirit created by E - Test of Spirit is considired as a champion and therefore can be used to regen your health.
- Level 1: Q - Tentacle Strike allows you to push the lane quickly and tradeback by healing yourself if an opponent deals you damage.
- Level 2: W - Harsh Lesson is to be used close to your tentacles, the latter will then fall on your enemies.
- Level 3: With E - Test of Spirit, you now have good pressure potential on your opponent. Hitting this spell at the right location will allow you to get the upper hand over your opponent and heal yourself.
- Level 6: Q - Leap of Faith makes you almost unkillable if your tentacles are already present around you. Use it to put maximum pressure on your lane. If you get ganked, use E - Test of Spirit then R - Leap of Faith. You will have an impressive DPS and sustain, enough to defeat most champions.
After the laning phase
- Try to splitpush as often as possible, Illaoi has the ability to 1v2 rather easily but her lack of range can greatly penalize you if you get controlled during a team fight.
- Join your allies a little before a team battle, or before taking an objective so you can make your tentacles appear.
- If you regroup to take a tower, try to hit an enemy with E - Test of Spirit to keep them away from the turret, allowing you to outnumber them.
- In teamfights, use Flash to reach the heart of the opposing team and hit as many champions as possible with R - Leap of Faith. Use all your spells in the melee, the tentacles will inflict heavy area damage and heal you. Be careful however not to get stunned or immobilized during R - Leap of Faith.
Tips & Tricks
- E - Test of Spirit animation is invisible for the enemy team if Illaoi is not visible.
- An enemy can die from spirit damage if the champion has respectively 75/70/65/60/55% less health points than his ghost.
- If an enemy hit by E-Test of Spirit moves too far away from his ghost, he will be slowed down and make tentacles appear around him for 12 seconds.
- You can use Flash at the same time as E- Test of Spirit to extend its range and surprise your opponent.
- When R - Leap of Faith is active, Z - Harsh Lesson has its cooldown time reduced to 2 seconds and your tentacle strokes are 50% faster.
- R - Leap of Faith makes a tentacle appear for each enemy hit and an additional tentacle if you hit the ghost of your E - Test of Spirit. The tentacles created by R - Leap of Faith are also untargetable.
- You can use Flash during R - Leap of Faith animation to move the impact zone.