The Hunter's Talisman will be ideal for Gragas because of its many spells that inflict AOE damage with the accompanying Refillable Potion.
- Sorcerer's Shoes are the preferred choice for the extra damage they will allow you to inflict, but it's an aggressive choice that you may not always be able to make, especially if your game is complicated, so if that's the case then go for the two defensive alternatives just below.
- Mercury's Treads is the best choice for a difficult heavy AP match-up.
- Ninja Tabi if you fear an heavy AD game.
- Skirmisher's Sabre is the way to go on Gragas, you can choose either Enchantment: Runic Echoes if you want to focus on damage or Enchantment: Cinderhulk if you wish to be more of a tank.
- Morellonomicon is an extremely powerful object for the magical penetration it provides. Gragas has enormous base damage, which will be optimized by these stats.
- Zhonya's Hourglass is a must have because you are going to be particularly fragile with this build very AP oriented, buying this item very early will allow you to stall at key moments just after having engaged in the enemy team.
- Dead Man's Plate provides the armor and HP you need to survive, but it's the Predator rune's cumulative movement speed liability that you're most interested in, the movement speed when both are activated will be particularly impressive!
- Rabadon's Deathcap is a very good choice to finish off, the amount of power the item allows you to have will greatly optimize the damage you will inflict because Gragas doesn't only have spells with big basic damage, the ratios of his spells are also very high!
- Iceborn Gantlet Gantelet Givrant offers armor, reduced cooldown and AOE slow proportional to your armor.
- Abyssal Mask is the perfect alternative if you need magic resistance, as it not only offers HP but also amplifies the magical damage you and your allies will inflict on the champions around you.
- Hextech Protobelt-01 increases your burst with the active which can very often be what you needed to finish off the enemy carry.
Tips & Tricks
- One of the most classic combos of Gragas on an enemy target is to use the Flash during the animation of E - Body Slam. This increases the range of the latter and you can even change the orientation of your spell.
- W - Drunken Rage reduces damage as soon as it is channeled, use it when you can't avoid heavy damage.
- E - Body Slam has a big hitbox, be careful not to hit an entity, or you won't go any further.
- Your passive has the same cooldown regardless of your level, try to cast your spells after he is available to heal you on a regular basis.