Fiddlesticks being a mage support could not be more classic, go on Spellthief's Edge accompanied by some Healing Potions.
For boots, you'll usually go on Sorcerer's Shoes, but given your role as a victim, which in the end isn't really one, it may be wise to go on defensive boots such as Tabi Ninja or Mercury's Treads depending on your opponent's composition.
This time, like all good Fiddlesticks, Zhonya's Hourglass is your best ally as a first item. Ensure victory by waiting for the right moment to launch your ultimate and make sure to separate opponents in a team battle.
The role of Liandry's Torment is to increase your damage by 10% over time while inflicting damage on opponents' maximum HP in the zone. This is a very powerful item on Fiddlesticks thanks to its ultimate ability to apply Passive - Dread to all targets in the R - Crowstorm zone.
Finally, Morellonomicon. The magical penetration it offers is in perfect symbiosis with the passive of Liandry's Torment, which inflicts damage on the maximum HP.
- Void Staff is probably the most powerful object you can build on Fiddlesticks.
- With Sorcerer's Shoes and Morellonomicon flat magic penetration combined to Void Staff percentage magic penetration, you'll be able to inflict almost raw damage.
- Abyssal Mask is also very interesting for the magic resistance and the HP it provides. This item is especially powerful in teamfights since it can increase the damage dealt to the opponent team by 15%.
- Rylai's Scepter is the choice to make if your opponents have the unfortunate tendency to escape when you cast R - Crowstorm. The permanent slowing effect on each of the 5 opponents can clearly decide the outcome of the game.
How to play Fiddlesticks
For the first 2 or 3 levels, Fiddlesticks is not really a threat to the opponents. That's why it's wise to start with your defensive spells to ensure a relatively safe start to the game.
- Level 1: Use Q - Terrify to repel enemies who attempt anything at level 1.
- Level 2: With E - Dark Wind, start to poke your opponents when they get too close to the minions for the crow to bounce off them.
- Level 3: Now that you have W - Drain you can start playing and tank your opponents if they try anything. Start with Q - Terrify to activate your essential rune, then E - Dark Wind for silence and finally W - Drain after making sure they can't break the drain.
Tips & Tricks
- With Q - Terrify at least level 2 you can scare your opponent and throw your ultimate on him without him being able to do anything about it. The duration of the fear is the same as the channeling of R - Crowstorm.
- Q - Terrify makes opponents flee away from you, so you can use it on an enemy champion and flash it on his back to make him run towards your allies.
- E - Dark Wind bounces up to 5 times but can only apply silence once, no matter how many times it touches the same target.
- Buy lots of Control Wards to make sure you're not on an enemy ward, otherwise casting R - Crowstorm can sometimes be tricky.
- R - Crowstorm is a channel and can be interrupted by opponents. When casting your ultimate, make sure you are absolutely untouchable!