When transformed in Shadow Assasin, Kayn becomes a mobile champion capable of inflicting massive area damage. He directs his objects towards damage, CDR, and lethality.
- Tabi Ninja and Mercury's Treads are the best shoes for the Darkin, take the ones that best counter the enemy team.
- Mobility Boots are to be bought only if you want to make yourself very present for your allies. With your E - Shadow Step you will be able to cover great distances in a very short time.
- Skirmisher's Sabre with the Warrior enchantment is absolutely mandatory as you need to win your 1v1 duels in the early game to be effective during the rest of the game.
- Draktharr's Duskblade and Youmuu's Ghostblade are two items that will give you AD and lethality. Youmuu will make you even more mobile, especially if you have Mobility Boots. Draktharr's passive will allow you to assassinate fragile targets and will be updated when you use your R - Umbral Trespass.
- Guardian Angel gives you a second chance if you have been knocked down by your enemies. Don't forget to use your Stopwatch beforehand.
- The Edge of Night can allow you to ignore an enemy spell and melt on it with impunity. The item will give you even more lethality.
- If you want maximum lethality, Umbral Glaive and Sanguine Blade may suit you.
- Against stronger targets, Lord Dominik's Regards and Black Cleaver can be of great help to you.
How to play Shadow Assasin Kayn Kayn
Kayn has the ability to transform into Darkin by killing ranged champions: choose to gank this type of enemy first to speed up your transformation.
He usually starts at the Blue Sentinel when he starts on the blue side, and at the Red Brambleback when he starts on the red side, to be able to finish his camp quickly with the help of the ADC and support. You can also start alone at the Raptors or Wolves.
His main asset for ganking efficiently is E - Shadow Step, allowing him to gank through walls. Wait until you pass level 3 to maximize your chances of success.
- Level 1: Choose Q - Reaping Slash to help you kill jungle monsters.
- Level 2: Be alert to a possible invasion of the enemy jungle and take W - Blade's Reach which inflicts multi-target slowdown and zone damage.
- Level 3: E - Shadow Step allows you to pass through walls. The first wall hit brings life and if you take damage or the delay ends while crossing the obstacle, you get out of it.
During the teamfights, you will have to tank for and support the allied carry. Darkin's zone control, regeneration, and ultimate regeneration will make him a priority target opponent. His R - Umbral Trepass makes him untargetable for 2.5 seconds, so don't hesitate to initiate a teamfight and take all the opponent's focus, knowing that you will be able to temporize with your ultimate.
Tips & Tricks
- Use your Q - Reaping Slash to get to your target's hand-to-hand combat, dodge a spell or cross a wall.
- The W - Blade's Reach can be used during your E - Shadow Step without coming out of a wall, which creates a surprise effect.
- Thanks to E - Shadow Step to escape and its zone spell kit, Kayn is one of the best splitpusher in the game; your regeneration, damage, and tanking will force the opposing team to send several opponents to counter you.
- By reactivating the R - Umbral Trespass, you can get out of the target without having to wait the 2.5 seconds.
- Use the R - Umbral Trespass to follow an enemy in a Teleport, dodge a deadly spell, or stall action in team combat.