Lucian is a physical damage shooter, a fragile champion who inflicts more and more damage as the game progresses. He focuses on physical damage items and attack speed.
- Berserker Greaves are your default choice.
- Ionian Boots of Lucidity are an alternative if you plan to play around with your spells.
- Blade of the Ruined King will allow you to better manage your duels and inflict more damage to tanks.
- Essence Reaver will give you more burst. Its mana regeneration and the Blade of the Ruined King life stealing make you totally autonomous in terms of resources.
- Rapidfire Cannon will increase your small range. If you don't feel this lack of range, go to a Statikk Shiv or a Phantom Dancer for total survival.
- Mercurial Scimitar is indispensable if the enemy has hard CCs.
- Maw of Malmortius will allow you to survive the AP bursts (not to be cumulated with Phantom Dancer). If you do not fear them, take Bloodthirster.
- Guardian Angel is your best friend when it comes to the outcome of the game. Don't forget to use your Stopwatch beforehand.
How to play Lucian ?
Lucian has a very aggressive gameplay allowing him to dominate his lane using a support with controls.
- Level 1: Choose Q - Piercing Light to harass your opponent. Don't hesitate to use it when your opponent is aligned with a minion.
- Level 2: Eliminate the 9th minion from the lane to get level 2, try to get it before the enemies do. Opt for E - Relentless Pursuit in order to attack your opponent.
Lucian's offensive side often attracts the enemy jungler in the first levels. E - Relentless Pursuit is your only escape with your Flash, it can save your life at any time. If you want to attack, don't forget to put a beacon in the river.
At the beginning of the game you remain very dependent on your support. It will set the rhythm to adopt according to the champion. For characters like Leona, Blitzcrank, Alistar and especially Braum, having control and resistance, aggression remains the best solution. For more passive supports like Janna and Soraka, opt for the farm. In any case, be careful with your placement, Lucian remains very fragile.
Lucian is a very strong character in 1 vs 1. When you have the Essence Reaver and the Rapidfire Cannon, you can go alone on a lane and make a split push. This will create gaps for your team to get goals. Don't forget to apply sight again. If the enemy ADC shows up, you will be able to attempt elimination as long as you make sure he is alone.
If you are late in the game, stay with your team and try to recover some kills.
Tips & Tricks
- Lightslinger (passive) reduces the recovery time of E - Relentless Pursuit. Using it first during a fight maximizes the reduction of its recovery time.
- W - Ardent Blaze marks affected ennemies. Inflicting damage to a marked target gives you a movement speed bonus. Use Z - Ardent Blaze in combination with R - The Culling to keep your enemies at bay. Remember that W - Ardent Blaze can be activated by your allies.
- Q - Piercing Light is dodgeable, be careful not to use your opponents' skills so as not to be caught off guard.
Your main tool to harass opponents in lane is your Q - Piercing Light, use it when your opponent is aligned with one of his henchmen.
- During R - The Culling, you can use E - Relentless Pursuit and Flash.