Spellthief's Edge is the classic starting item for a mage support, allowing you to generate gold via poking your opponents. Also, pick up two Health Potions to start.
Boots of Mobility allow you to be more mobile in the Rift, and therefore more able to roam and put vision down in different places.
If you are more cautious, you may prefer defensive boots. In that case, pick up Mercury Treads against magic damage, or Ninja Tabi against physical damage.
- Once you get your Frostfang, don't forget to change your Warding Totem trinket into an Oracle Lens once the quest is completed.
- Zonhya's Hourglass will allow you to take the advantage by jumping into the enemy team with the Flash + R- Soul Shackles combo.
- Redemption allows you to heal your allies during teamfights, even if you are elsewhere (even dead).
- If you are in the heart of the battle, Locket of the Iron Solari will be another way to peel your whole team.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter will allow you to annoy your opponents with the slowdown it offers on your spells in addition to offering you AP and health points.
- Rabadon's Deathcap will be a great ally when you need the power to annihilate the opposing team.
- Twin Shadows is very useful to catch enemies in the jungle and for causing panic in the opposing ranks when they don't have eyes on you.
- Zeke's Convergence is a good item as long as an ally has the ability to make you win teamfights.
How to play Morgana
Morgana is a very aggressive support who will want to annoy her opponents on the lane by protecting her AD carry, her spell kit allowing her to do all this at the same time.
- Level 1: You can start with Q - Dark Binding to punish an opponent's bad placement, but also with W - Tormented Shadow to push the lane and get your level 2 earlier than the enemy botlane.
- Level 2: Try to catch an opponent with Q - Dark Binding to inflict heavy damage later on with W - Tormented Shadow.
- Level 3: Keep E - Black Shield in case of gank or if your AD Carry goes wrong, while continuing to torment your opponents.
Tips & Tricks
- Reaching level 2 before your counterparts is very important. Don't hesitate to help your AD carry to push to get the upper hand on the lane and decide the timing of attacks.
- Note when opponents don't have their Flash up to spot potential targets.
- Using Zhonya's Hourglass during the channeling of R - Soul Shackles allows you to reach tits end without dying.
- If you can, first place R - Soul Shackles before sending your A - Dark Binding, then it will be impossible for you to miss your cage.
- When your ultimate reactivates to stun the enemies, wait a good second to launch your cage. Stunning lasts 1.5 seconds, so if you throw your cage instantly, your control will be shorter, but if you throw it too late you'll give your enemy a chance to dodge it... so get the timing right!