Kog'Maw is a Carry AD inflicting physical damage, a fragile champion, taking advantage of his long range to be safe. He's oriented towards objects with attack speeds. The crucial choice of situational objects is as follows:
- Lord Dominik's Regards: As Kog'Maw is already extremely powerful against the resistant champions, Lord Dominik's Regards remains an excellent choice to be even more effective against tanks.
- Mercurial Scimitar: As Kog'Maw is very fragile and sensitive to any kind of control, the Mercurial Scimitar can get you out of a difficult situation at any time, as an ultimate of Malzahar. Moreover, it gives resistance and attack damage.
How to play Kog'Maw?
Kog'Maw is a champion with a huge reach thanks to his W - Bio-Arcane Barrage. He also possesses a huge poke strength thanks to his ultimate.
- Level 1: Choose W - Bio-Arcane Barrage to poke your opponent. Don't hesitate to use it to help you farm.
- Level 2: Choose Q - Caustic Spittle which will passively increase your attack speed. Don't forget that eliminating the 9th minion allows you to obtain level two.
As with every ADC, your beginning of the game is punctuated by your support. Everything depends on its gameplay and it will be up to you to adapt. Nevertheless, thanks to the huge range of the W - Bio-Arcane Barrage, it is important to hit the enemy each time he comes to get a minion, especially if the ADC in front of a low range like Vayne or Kalista. Kog'Maw becomes more and more powerful as the game advances. Be patient and avoid the fight at the beginning of the game or wait for a gank from your jungle.
In team combat, Kog'Maw remains a control-sensitive character. He's very fragile, so it's essential to place yourself well in confrontations. Take advantage of your range to be safe, while keeping your E - Void Ooze as a means of defense. Indeed, it is the spell that allows you to flee, with your Flash, that you should keep for the crucial moment. With a minimum of protection, you will have a consequent impact at the end of the game, especially on the tanks which are very sensitive to Kog'Maw's spells and damages.
Tips & Tricks
- A - Living Artillery offers vision at impact, use it to check bushes and avoid unpleasant surprises. Beware of its cost in mana, it will disappear easily;
- Your Passive - Icathian Surprise allows you to move upon your death and after 4 seconds inflicts damage in the zone. Don't forget to get close to your enemies once you're dead, so as not to spoil it;
- E - Void Ooze is your only spell that can help you escape. Use it at the right time to stay alive.