Morgana is a mage with great pushing power and powerful controls. She acts as a support to her entire team, yet she inflicts great damage. For this main reason, it's recommended to build her with items granting AP.
Sorcerer's Shoes are your best friend whereas it's to inflict more damage during the early game or simply outrun your opponents during duels or ganks.
- Ideal for the laning phase, Luden's Echo will drastically increase your burst while solving your mana issue. In a fashion way to most AP mages, we recommend you rush it.
- Zonhya's Hourglass will allow you to take the advantage by jumping into the enemy team with the Flash + R- Soul Shackles combo while being an incredible tool to survive against assassins.
- Morellonomicon is a formidable tool to deal with champions relying on sustain and it also brings magic penetration to increase your burst.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter will allow you to annoy your opponents with the slowdown it offers on your spells in addition to offering you AP and health points.
- Liandry's Torment is an incredible item since it will directly buff W - Tormented Shadow's damage when you manage to land your Q. - Dark Binding.
- Rabadon's Deathcap will be a great ally when you need the power to annihilate the opposing team.
- Twin Shadows is very useful to catch enemies in the jungle and for causing panic in the opposing ranks when they don't have eyes on you. It also synergizes pretty well with your ultimate.
How to play Morgana
Morgana is a very aggressive support who will want to annoy her opponents on the lane by protecting her AD carry, her spell kit allowing her to do all this at the same time.
- Level 1: You can start with Q - Dark Binding to punish an opponent's bad placement, but also with W - Tormented Shadow to push the lane and get your level 2 earlier than the enemy botlane.
- Level 2: Try to catch an opponent with Q - Dark Binding to inflict heavy damage later on with W - Tormented Shadow.
- Level 3: Keep E - Black Shield in case of gank or if your AD Carry goes wrong, while continuing to torment your opponents.
In the first few levels, Morgana is too weak a character to kill your opponent. Concentrate as much as possible on farming, use your W - Tormented Shadow to push. When you put your wave of minions under your opponent's turret, it will be difficult for him to get them all back. This will give you an advantage over him in terms of gold. If your jungler comes to help you, you will have a great chance to kill your opposite thanks to the incredible power of your Q - Dark Binding.
In the middle of the game, you will have enough damage on your W - Tormented Shadow to kill a whole wave of minions. Take advantage of it to push quickly your wave to shift on the other lines and thus help your team. Don't forget to combine your Q - Dark Binding with your W - Tormented Shadow to force your opponent to stay in the area of effect as long as possible.
During teamfights, R - Soul Shackles becomes extremely powerful. Try a maximum to engage the fights using your Q - Dark Binding, and if you can, enter in the middle of the fight using your E - Black Shield to prevent the enemy team from stopping your engagement with crowd controls. Try to hit a maximum of opponents with your ultimate, and don't forget that you can use your Zhonya's Hourglass while using R - Soul Shackles.
Tips & Tricks
- Note when opponents don't have their Flash up to spot potential targets.
- Using Zhonya's Hourglass during the channeling of R - Soul Shackles allows you to reach tits end without dying.
- If you can, first place R - Soul Shackles before sending your A - Dark Binding, then it will be impossible for you to miss your cage.
- When your ultimate reactivates to stun the enemies, wait a good second to launch your cage. Stunning lasts 1.5 seconds, so if you throw your cage instantly, your control will be shorter, but if you throw it too late you'll give your enemy a chance to dodge it... so get the timing right!