Spellthief's Edge is a mandatory item for Zyra. Its plants can apply the passive gold when they inflict damage to enemy champions, allowing you to stack up a maximum amount of gold very quickly.
Instead, you will turn to Sorcerer's Shoes to deal maximum damage. In case of difficulty, you can choose to use Ninja Tabi or Mercury Threads, but only if you really need to.
- The Liandry's Torment / Rylai's Crystal Scepter combo is a classic on aggressive media like Zyra. In addition, the many controls of Zyra will further increase the damage of Liandry's passive.
- Your main defensive item will always be Redemption: remember to use its assets as often as possible in teamfight.
- Try to place a Void Staff in one of your last two items: it will increase your damage considerably.
- Morellonomicon is generally a must have, magic penetration being an extremely powerful statistic on Zyra due to its large base damage, it's even more interesting for the combo of Liandry's Torment and Rylai's Sceptre.
- The Void Staff is also interesting, as it allows you to ignore a large part of your opponents' magical resistance, which makes the magic penetration even more optimal.
- Rabadon's Deathcap can be very powerful too, although the build is above all directed towards the amplification of the basic damage via the magic penetration, having a lot of power can only be positive! But to buy it is generally to sacrifice Zhonya's Hourglass thus it is a choice to be made which can turn over very easily against you.
How to play Zyra
- Level 1: After placing buds on the lane using your passive, Q - Deadly Spikes allows you to make plants appear that have a long range for deny the opposing adc.
- Level 2: W - Rampant Growth allows you to better place your plants, and also allows you to get vision if you don't have wards.
- Level 3: With the E now available, wait for an opponent last hit for the root and throw the E + W + W combo to him (during the animation of the W to inflict maximum damage.
Tips & Tricks
- Cast your spell just before you put your seeds, this will reduce the time available to your opponents to react.
- Your ultimate spell inflicts instant damage, but you must wait 2 seconds before enemies in the area are thrown into the air. So plan ahead and prevent them from getting out.
- If you throw your Ultimate at your plants, they'll go berserk and launch a burst of attacks inflicting huge amounts of damage.
- If an enemy steps on one of your seeds created by your W - Rampant Growth, it will be revealed for two seconds.
- Use your plants to block spells, enemy like a Nidalee spear.