Ziggs is a mage who can inflict heavy damage without putting himself in too much danger. Items that greatly increase magical damage are therefore recommended.
- Sorcerer's Shoes will increase your damage on fragile targets, this is your default choice of wizard.
- Boots of Lucidity will reduce the CD of your spells, useful for spamming your spells on siege phases.
- Luden's Echoes is perfect for Ziggs, it allows you to burst your enemies from far away and gives you CDR and extra mana pool.
- Morellonomicon increases your magical penetration and reduces the care of your targets.
- Rabadon's Deathcap gives you a lot of power, enough to decimate fragile targets in a single combo.
- If you are playing against sturdy targets, Void Staff will decrease the magic resistance of your enemies. Liandry's Torment is an alternative if your enemies have a very large pool of HPs.
- If you play against an assassin you are worried about, Zhonya's Hourglass will save you more than once. If you only have problems with certain spells, Banshee's Veil may be a good alternative.
- Mejai's Soulstealer can be a good choice if the enemy's team can't bring you down.
How to play Ziggs
Ziggs has good zone damage spells and has a long range, compensated by heavy mana hits in the early levels. You'll have to choose between inflicting damage on your opponent or getting your minions back at the beginning of the game.
- Level 1: Q - Bouncing Bomb is your best asset to inflict damage or kill your minions without endangering yourself.
- Level 2: E - Hexplosive Minefield allows you to slow down your opponent in order to more easily place Q - Bouncing Bomb as well as some auto-attacks. (If ever you are against a very aggressive champion at level 2, W - Satchel Charge is a good tool to create distance between you and your opponent).
- Up to level 6 concentrate on your minions. When your passive Short D is available take advantage of the increased damage on your base attack to attack your opponent with your spells.
- From level 6 you can help your team in battle by sending R - Mega Inferno Bomb to inflict damage without having to move too far from your lane.
While in teamfight
Ziggs is very fragile in close combat. Try to stay permanently out of reach of your opponents while hitting your enemies with Q - Bouncing Bomb. Keep W - Satchel Charge to fend off an enemy that is getting too close. However, if you're safe and see an enemy in the wrong position you can use this spell to bring the champion back into the clutches of your team.
During teamfights use your range advantage to inflict maximum damage with Q - Bouncing Bomb, place E - Hexplosive Minefield in the path of your enemies in order to zone them. As soon as your opponents regroup you can decimate the opposing team with R - Mega Inferno Bomb. If no perfect opportunity presents itself use your ultimate spell to recover a kill on a fleeing target.
Tips & Tricks
- Casting a spell reduces the recovery time of the Passive - Short D.
- Q - Bounce Bomb bounces a maximum of three times, extending the spell's range. If your bomb explodes before the three bounces it means that the spell has hit an opponent. Warning: if you throw a bomb into a wall that is too thick, it will explode immediately.
- Q- Bouncing bombs can bounce over henchmen, thinner walls, but also over the opponent's champions; be careful not to accidentally miss your target with a bad bounce.
- W - Satchel Charge can get you over walls.
- W - Sathel Charge destroys towers below a certain lifepoint threshold. An icon will show you the possibility of destroying the turret with this spell.
- W - Satchel Charge, E - Hexplosive Minefield and R - Mega Inferno Bomb give you the vision on the targeted area.
- R - Mega Inferno Bomb takes longer to detonate depending on the distance to go. Try to use your ultimate spell within a short range if you don't want to miss it.
- Q - Bouncing Bomb, R - Mega Inferno Bomb can be used while being propelled into the air by W - Satchel Charge. Use this to catch your enemies or inflict damage while escaping.
- R - Mega Inferno Bomb inflicts greater damage to the center of the spell