Zac is a champion who can regenerate every time he casts a spell. His basic damage is not incredible, but his arsenal of controls makes him a formidable opponent in teamfight.
- Choose either Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads depending on the enemy composition and your match-up.
- Sunfire Cape will allow you to quickly clean up henchman waves and burn enemies who stay too long in your contact.
- Spirit Visage will increase the healing of your Passive - Cell Division and give you magical resistance, VP and CDR.
- Warmog's Armor will allow you to regenerate very quickly between battles.
- If you need armor, Randuin's Omen and Thornmail will be good choices. Prefer Randuin's Omen against enemies who play with critical hits (Yasuo, Ashe, Tryndamere). Thornmail will reduce the healing of your enemies and make you very hard to kill for AD champions.
- If you need damage, Liandry's Torment will give you a good DPS, especially against other tanks.
- If you want to protect your allies, Knight's Vow can allow you to keep an ally alive by taking damage in his place. Locket of the Iron Solari will be to privilege if the combats of teams follow one another, you can then shield your allies.
How to play Zac
Zac is a toplaner capable of altering the potential of many opponents. Use your spells wisely and don't forget that if you and your opponent have little life, you'll be at an advantage thanks to the natural regeneration of your Passive - Cell Division. Your ability to splitpush is almost nil, so help your team as soon as you can: E - Elastic Slingshot is a very good tool to engage in combat, especially if the enemy team doesn't have eyes on you.
- Level 1: Zac doesn't want to fight too much at level 1, W - Unstable Matter allows you to push the lane if you want, otherwise let your opponent push towards you.
- Level 2: Use Q - Stretching Strikes on an enemy henchman then reactivate it on your enemy with an automatic attack, this will prevent him from last-hitting cleanly.
- Level 3: You are able to attack your enemy and drag him on the lane by following him with E - Elastic Slingshot. If you are confident, go for it: the Conqueror rune and your regeneration will make you very hard to kill in 1v1. If your match-up is complicated or you don't have any information on the enemy jungle, let your enemy push the lane and just farm.
- Level 6: You already had a good gank follow-up, but with R - Let's Bounce! you can control your enemy for several more seconds. On the other hand, if your enemy doesn't respect your kit and stays too close to your turn, use E - Elastic Slingshot on the remaining minions and use R - Let's Bounce! in the same time: if you manage to kill all the minions and bring your enemy back to your turn, he will have to react very quickly if he intends to stay alive.
In teamfight, choose to start the fight with E - Elastic Slingshot and then inflict the maximum amount of crowd control on the enemy targets. Be careful not to be intercepted in full flight by certain spells (a Janna tornado for example). You can also choose to remain close to your carry in order to protect them, this option is to be privileged if you chose a build composed of a Knight's Vow and a Locket of the Iron Solari.
Tips & Tricks
- When your Passive - Cell Division activates and Zac splits, your allies can use their Teleport to one of the blobs to prevent you from succumbing. As a reminder, the target of this spell becomes immune to damage.
- Q - Stretching Strikes can be reactivated with a champion, but also a monster, a minion, a ward, a building or even a jungle plant.
- When you have little life left, use your spells to regain life through your Passive - Cell Division.
- You can activate your Passive - Cell Division twice if you reactivate Q - Stretching Strikes after successfully casting it.
- When you absorb gooey matter, the cooldown of W - Unstable Matter decreases by one second.
- If you do not jump when casting your E - Elastic Slingshot, the cooldown is reduced by half.