Zac is a very versatile champion, as his spell kit allows you to both tank and use his many controls to provide either support to the carry or a commitment to his team. He chooses his resistances according to the strengths of his opponent, but in all cases you will have to buy items that give him HPs.
- Choose either Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads depending on the enemy composition and your match-up.
- Tracker's Knife - Cinderhulk is mandatory for Zac. It will allow you to clear the jungle quickly and will give you valuable HPs throughout the game.
- Spirit Visage will increase the healing of your Passive - Cell Division and give you magical resistance, VP and CDR.
- Warmog's Armor will allow you to regenerate very quickly between battles.
- If you need armor, Randuin's Omen and Thornmail will be good choices. Prefer Randuin's Omen against enemies who play with critical hits (Yasuo, Ashe, Tryndamere). Thornmail will reduce the healing of your enemies and make you very hard to kill for AD champions.
- If you need damage, Liandry's Torment will give you a good DPS, especially against other tanks.
- If you want to protect your allies, Knight's Vow can allow you to keep an ally alive by taking damage in his place. Locket of the Iron Solari will be to privilege if the combats of teams follow one another, you can then shield your allies.
How to play Zac
One of the advantages of Zac jungler is its appreciable potential to gank from very far away as soon as E - Fronde is sufficiently improved.
To optimize the time spent in his jungle and gank quickly, Zac needs help from the adc and support to finish his first camp.
- Level 1: Choose W - Unstable Matter to finish your camp quickly, thanks to the damage it provides.
- Level 2: E - Elastic Slingshot is your main strength for gank, the advantage of maximizing it first is to increase the range of the spell and thus surprise the enemies over a greater distance.
- Level 3: Q - Stretching Strikes is a situational spell that becomes useful if there is more than one enemy around you.
- Level 6: R - Let's Bounce! makes Zac insensitive to controls. You can use it to move an enemy, split enemy lines and cause confusion or disengage a fight.
Thanks to your great mobility in the middle of the game, you will be able to wear out the opposing team with your incessant ganks. Don't hesitate to regularly drop a few gold coins in order to equip yourself with vision beacons, which will greatly help your team both offensively and defensively.
Suppressing your opponent's vision with an Oracle Lens is a must for Zac, whose E - Elastic Slingshot will be lamentably dodged if the enemy sees you coming. Equip yourself with it quickly to better surprise them.
This champion's greatest use, however, is in the team combat phase, thanks to the versatility we mentioned earlier, namely the possibility he has of supporting his carries or being his team's engaging force. The perfect technique is to stand back and camouflage yourself in a bush to create an effect of surprise, with the aim of landing thanks to E - Elastic Slingshot on the opponent's AD/AP Carry, the latter always being your target of choice.
Tips & Tricks
- When your Passive - Cell Division activates and Zac splits, your allies can use their Teleport on one of the blobs to prevent you from succumbing. As a reminder, the target of this spell becomes immune to damage.
- E - Electric Slingshot with a long range, you can cross the Dragon or Baron Nashor's area, and thus surprise your enemies who might be fighting one of them to steal the target with your Punishment.
- An area control sequence, i.e., a Wombo Combo can be achieved if certain champions use their ultimate in synergy with Zac's, such as Orianna, Malphite, or Yasuo.
- Q - Stretching Strikes can be reactivated with a champion, but also a monster, a minion, a ward, a building, or even a jungle plant.