Relic Shield is a very good item on Braum. It gives additional health, gold generation and a nice heal for you and your ADC via its passive ability. Round off your starting items with three Health Potions.
- Boots of Mobility are useful for Braum to increase his ability to move between lanes, roam and place vision.
- If the opposing team has a lot of crowd control (such as Lulu) and the match-up seems unfavorable to you, choose Mercury's Treads.
- If the opposing team has a lot of physical damage, or the enemy ADC becomes too powerful, choose Ninja Tabi.
- By upgrading Relic Shield to Targon's Brace, you will quickly be able to start controlling vision. Don't forget to swap your Warding Totem for an Oracle's Lens.
- For Braum, core items remain constant — first, we will focus on Knight's Vow, then Locket of the Iron Solari, and finally Redemption to bring sustain to the whole team.
- Zeke's Convergence is best suited if your main objective is to increase your ADC damage output.
- You can pick up Frozen Heart if you want to be the main tank and front line of your team.
How to play Braum?
Braum is a versatile support that can engage for his team thanks to his Passive - Concussive Blows coupled with Q - Winter's Bite and R - Glmacial Fissure that allow to slow down and Stun the opponents. It is also a support that can take the blows for its carrys thanks to E - Unbreakable and W - Stand Behind me that respectively allow to absorb projectiles and to tank the adverse damages.
At the beginning of the game:
- Q - Winter's Bite allows you to go and invade the opposing jungle. Moreover, the spell gives you poke in your botlane.
- Use E - Unbreakable and position yourself between your ADC and the opponent when you engage in order to allow your ally to inflict a maximum of damage without putting himself in danger.
- Seek to shift as often as possible with your jungler regularly in order to gank different lanes to take advantage at the beginning of the game.
- Be constantly looking for a flash combo R - Glacial Fissure to initiate the fight and use W - Stand Behind Me to reposition yourself safely while protecting your backlane when you feel in danger.
Tips & Tricks
- Use W - Stand Behind Me on a nearby minion to get closer to or escape from your enemies.
- You can use W - Stand Behind Me on yourself.
- If your opponents hit your turret or minions under your turret, position yourself between the enemy and their target and use E - Unbreakable to take the damage — the turret will then focus your opponents.
- E - Unbreakable does not make you immune to crowd control.
- E - Unbreakable blocks the first spell that hits it. You will be able to block large ultimates such as Nami's Tidal Wave even if they touch just a small part of the shield.