Image courtesy: Riot Games
Valorant is highly anticipated, that's for sure. After the embargo period ended (March 2), all media and players who had been invited by Riot Games to test the game reveal their previews. We've learnt about eight characters — called 'agents' — and their abilities, which will be available as soon as the game is launched.
Phoenix is an aggressive character. His abilities allow him to rush into battle hoping to survive. Fire seems to be his main weapon.
- Hot hands → Throws a fireball that covers a small area of flames after a few seconds, or when it hits the ground. These flames damage enemies but heal you.
- Blaze → Summon a wall of fire that blocks the line of sight and injures all agents that pass through it.
- Curveball → Throws a flashbang.
- Run it back (Ultimatum) → Marks your current location and starts a timer. When the timer expires — or you die — you are resurrected to the point marked with all your HPs.
Viper will fight with her toxic weapons and gas jets. She also uses another resource: fuel.
- Poison cloud
- Toxic Screen
- Viper's Pit (Ultimatum)
Sova will use his bow and arrows to track enemies and their movements.
- Shock Bolt
- Owl Drone
- Recon bolt
- Hunter's Fury (Ultimatum)
Brimstone's specialty is technological weapons bombing the map. They will cause smoke screens or/and will damage opponents.
- Stim Beacon
- Sky Smoke
- Orbital Strike (Ultimatum)
Jett will be your favorite character if you like to bypass defenses or take your enemies by surprise.
- Blade Storm (Ultimatum)
Omen will use his psychic powers to move around the map to better strike and blind enemies.
- Shadow Walk
- Dark Cover
- From the Shadows (Ultimatum)
Sage will play the role of a support character in Valorant as she can resurrect fallen allies or hinder enemies' movements.
- Slow Orb
- Barrier Orb
- Healing Orb
- Resurrection (Ultimatum)
Cypher's specialty will be traps — or any other way to reveal enemies' movements. If you like to think you're a spy, you'll surely enjoy playing with him.
- Cyber Cage
- Neural Theft (Ultimatum)
The exact release date for Valorant (formerly known as Project A) is still uncertain, but we do know that Riot Games' brand-new FPS will be released this summer on PC. Like League of Legends, Valorant will be free-to-play and will base its economy on skins.
Riot Games' new FPS first previews and visuals has been released. It's the opportunity to look at journalists' and editors' opinions having tested Valorant and to have the first details regarding the gameplay.