New fish have made their appearance in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4. While the fish were a big hit when they arrived, they have since proven to be a great addition to the game. They represent a significant resource that can heal or even give you shield points. Newcomers open up even more possibilities.
To catch these new fish, you'll need to bring some fishing gear (fishing rod, harpoon...). Here are the effects of the different fish:
- Thermal Fish: allows to see in thermal vision.
- Shield Fish: consume it to receive shield.
- Jellyfish: spray players nearby to give them back HP/shield.
- Hop Flopper: reduces gravity.
- Spicy Fish: allows you to run faster.
- Vendetta Flopper: it marks a close enemy.
They all inflict 40 damage points to opponents.
While dataminers had previously found more than 30 new species in the files, the new season introduced a much smaller number. Abandoned projects or projects not yet released? We'll have to wait to find out.