Geoff Keighley's 2022 Game Awards took place tonight from 1:30 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. As expected, there were some huge announcements and some bombshells in the mix. Overall the live was indeed much better paced and satisfying than last year, with gameplay trailers, a lot of news from games already announced, but also some surprises. Let's go for a complete recap of the announcements made during the night , with a focus on the 5 most surprising world premieres.
Complete list of The Game Awards 2022
Yes, there was also a prize ceremony between the ads and the advertising pages
A real nice surprise from Supergiant Games for the opening of this Game Awards 2022 ceremony, with Hades 2. This one for once we had not seen it coming and saw the immense qualities of its predecessor, it is with open arms that we welcome this announcement. So be careful, if you want to play 1.0 it won't be for now, since the rogue-like will be available in the course of 2023, but in early access at first.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Scheduled for March 17, 2023 , Star Wars Jedi Survivor will iterate on the excellent foundations of Souls-lite laid by its big brother. If we hope that the animations will be better linked than in the first episode, it is clear that it really sends heavy visually. We didn't think the game would arrive so soon either, so it's a great surprise to see it land on PC and consoles in just 3 months: we'll definitely be there!
From Bioshock creator Ken Levine, who went to set up his studio away from publisher 2K, Judas made quite an impression on us with its debut trailer . We can already see the inspiration of his previous license in Judas, but in a Cyberpunk context that seems to suit him perfectly. We do not yet know exactly how things will unfold, but if it is also inspired by Bioshock on the gameplay side, we will go on an immersive sim stuffed with different powers to properly deal with all the tense situations that the player faces. heroine will be exposed.
death stranding 2
We didn't really know what was hiding under Kojima's teaser in recent weeks and as expected we finally got our answer during these Game Awards 2022: Death Stranding is going to have the right to a direct sequel and that's great news , whatever his many detractors will say. Most of the main actors from the first game will therefore be back for a second expedition into the strange world of Sam Porter Bridges and the BBs, who seem to be in very bad shape in this first trailer . A question is asked at the end, just to set the tone: did we really all have to reconnect?
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
No sequel to the excellent Sekiro or even DLC for Elden Ring for the next From Software, since it is finally the turn of the Armored Core license to take the spotlight . There's a little reference to soul games with these stories of ashes and a world in perdition, but for the rest it's a "big robot" atmosphere with over-armed mechanical beasts, in a trailer that clearly sends heavy stuff. It's just a cinematic scene, very pretty moreover, but it is impossible to determine what the gameplay will offer us for the moment : will it remain faithful to its origins (Armored Core V was released 10 years ago) ?
- A new DLC for the excellent rogue-lite Dead Cells has been unveiled with a beautiful animated trailer presenting an unexpected collaboration with Castlevania. Release scheduled for the first quarter of 2023.
- Vampire Survivors , the hard drug, is coming to mobiles now on mobiles .
- Netflix will produce Valiant Hearts mobile game , a game originally released on PS360 and developed by Ubisoft.
- Returnal, one of the most beautiful PlayStation 5 exclusives, should soon land on PC. No release date has been announced.
- Introducing a Hellboy action game with a really cool art direction. No release date has been announced.
- Horizon Call of the Mountain has been featured in a new PSVR 2 trailer. It will be available on February 22, 2023 alongside the device.
- big Silent Hill vibe with Post Trauma , which will plunge a person of advanced age into a world of nightmares. No release date has been announced.
- With Viewfinder , you play with the photos you take to create new settings in which to progress.
- Atomic Heart , the Bioshock of Mudfish, had the right to a new little teaser presenting some fights. It still looks so cool and it's scheduled for February 21, 2023.
- Scars Above is a bit of a Returnal in a sci-fi shooter in which you control a survivor who seems well armed. Released February 28, 2023.
- New animated trailer for Among Us with a new game mode, hide and seek. It will be available on December 9th.
- Replaced finally showed up again and mamma mia, it was absolutely magnificent: one of the trailers of the ceremony not to be missed. Released in 2023.
- Street Fighter 6 introduced its World Tour mode, with silly mini-games, trials. An elder, Dee-Jay and three new ones, Marisa, Manon and JP have been announced. Released June 2, 2023.
- The excellent Supergiant Games studio (Transistor, Hades) has announced its next title with an exciting trailer. Hades 2 is coming to early access in 2023 and it could hurt a lot! No release date has been announced.
- A brand new Bayonetta game has been unveiled. Called Origins , it is a very different game from what the series has accustomed us to. Presented as a children's account, this chapter will tell the story of Cereza in a rather unique way. Released March 17, 2023.
- Rocksteady's Suicide Squad was shown for a minute with an all-new cutscene introducing a bad-tempered Batman. Still no release date for the co-op game.
- Party Animals, the multiplayer game planned for Xbox and PC, showed up with a new trailer. Released in early 2023 with cross-play from day one.
- The Last of Us Part 1 is coming to PC on March 3, 2023.
- The creator of Celeste presented his new game: Earthblade will be a metroidvania to the gigantic world and it is planned for 2024.
- The survival game Dune from the creators of Conan Exiles has been shown for the first time and it's very exciting.
- A new EA Originals by Ascendant has been announced. Immortals of Aveum is a spell-based shooter, slated to be available sometime in 2023 .
- Nightingale , the first-person survival game made of interdimensional portals, has shown itself with a particularly exciting trailer, but still without any release date .
- The mythical Baldur's Gate 3 has been unveiled in large widths with an explosive trailer and a month of release: it will be for August 2023 and a collector's edition is planned!
- Wayfinders announced with a gameplay trailer and the announcement of a beta for next week . We will have the right to a looter shooter in third person view playable in cooperation.
- Blizzard presented a new cinematic trailer for Diablo 4, still impressive. The release date has been confirmed as June 6, with a pre-order that will give access to the open beta.
- Like the first episode, Horizon Forbidden West will have the right to scripted downloadable content and it will take place in Hollywood. Called Burning Shores, it will be released on April 19 .
- Bandai Namco and Amazon are teaming up for the mmorpg Blue Protocol , which will tease Genshin Impact in its territory with manga aesthetics and a large open world to explore.
- Remnant 2 got a new teaser without a release date, but we have every reason to be excited about this co-op tps/souls-like, given the great qualities of its elder.
- A new trailer for Super Mario Bros the Movie has been unveiled: for a minute we could see a little better what the mushroom kingdom looked like with Mario and Toad. Released March 29 in France .
- Dontnod and Focus are joining forces for a new A-RPG called banishers, slated for release in late 2023.
- After Darktide, the next big Warhammer 40k game will be Space Marine 2 , a naughty action game scheduled for sometime in 2023 .
- Cinematic trailer for Meet Your Makers , the game where dungeons created by players are explored by other players. Release scheduled for April 2023 .
- Crash Team Rumble arrives with team against team in events of various platforms. The party-game is scheduled for next year without further details .
- Idris Elba will be in the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion, Phantom Liberty, which will be available later in 2023.
- Naoki Yoshida not only had the release date of Final Fantasy XVI in his suitcases: he also brought back the Vengeance trailer and its many action scenes that make you want to be in June.
While the adventures of Kratos and Atreus seem to have wowed gamers around the world, a famous American actor has expressed his love for God of War Ragnarök. The license of the Santa Monica studios, it is validated according to this actor of Stranger Things!