Hunter's Talisman is mandatory to be comfortable in the jungle and build the jungle object afterwards. Accompany this item with Healing Potions or Refillable Potion.
In most cases choose Sorcerer's Shoes. Mercury's Treads are a good alternative if your opponents have multiple crowd controls and heavy magic damage.
- Stalker's Blade with the Runic Echoes enchantment is excellent because it allows Diana to be a fearful duelist, granted with heavy burst, and high movespeed. Mana regeneration is also very profitable to clean the jungle.
- Nashor's Tooth gives CDR and attack speed which drastically increases Diana's DPS. It also perfectly synergizes with Diana's passive, allowing her to quickly clean jungle camps.
- Zhonya's Hourglass is an excellent choice if you want to temporize after jumping into the opposing team.
- Choose Banshee's Veil if you need resistance and for its passive that will be able to protect you from the controls.
- The magical penetration brought by Void Staff allows inflicting more damage to the enemy tanks.
- Rabadon's Deathcap greatly increases your AP and consequently the effectiveness of your spells.
- Hextech Protobelt-01 allows you to have an extra burst and a very interesting dash which makes it easier to catch your prey.
How to play Diana
Diana has a fast jungle clear that allows her to have an excellent impact on the map from the very first levels. If you have a Laner that has controls you can play around this lane to take kills at the beginning of the game to give you an advantage and dominate the game. Your optimal jungle path starts with taking the Blue Buff. Go for Raptors, then Wolves, before killing the Scuttler. You can even initiate a gank on the midlane at level 2 if you're confident enough.
- Level 1: Q - Crescent Strike allows you to poke your opponent without putting yourself in danger. If you are in a difficult match-up, start with W - Pale Cascade to absorb enemy damage.
- Level 3: Once your three spells have been unlocked, Diana has high kill potential on her opponent. When Q - Crescent Strike reaches its target, don't hesitate to use a full rotation of your spells to put pressure on your opponent.
- Level 6: R - Moonfall allows you to inflict excellent damage in duels and team combat. Try to push your midlane and start roaming to help your jungler, or to gank the other lanes.
In teamfight :
Diana can play two major roles to play in teamfights.
- The initiating role: if the opposing team is regrouped, throw yourself into the melee with a full combo and regroup the opponents with R - Moonfall so that your team can easily decimate them.
- The role of an assassin: if a carry is fed, it's up to you to go and assassinate it. For that, make sure you have hit Q - Crescent Strike before throwing yourself on your prey.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use E - Lunar Rush before Q - Crescent Strike hits its target. E - Lunar Rush will still be reset when Q - Crescent Strike hits the target.
- To escape, you can cast Q - Crescent Strike on the monsters of the jungle to have the vision on them and be able to use E - Lunar Rush to escape.
- W - Pale Cascade offers a shield again if the three spheres explode. This mechanism will help you at the beginning of the game to kill the minions without suffering any damage.
- R - Moonfall works like Orianna's Shockwave, you can flash during the animation of this one to surprise the whole team.