The Corrupting Potion allows you to poke longer with Q - Parrrley and thus trigger Grasp of the Undying more often.
- Mercury's Treads are the right choice when you fear a match-up with heavy magical damage.
- Tabi Ninja, on the other hand, against physical damage.
- Trinity Force is a must on Gangplank. It synergizes perfectly with your Q - Parrrley since the spell applies on-hit effects. The item's statistics are also ideal for our pirate.
- In possession of the Essence Reaver, you will then be capped in CDR, allowing you to use the full potential of Gangplank.
- Infinity Edge will bring you damage and critical hits, which will apply to Q - Parrrley and E - Powder Keg area damage.
- Sterak's Gage will make up for your lack of tankiness, bringing you additional damage.
- Phantom Dancer combines well with Infinity Edge:you gain more critical hits, attack speed to be able to cope with close combat, and above all, a shield to take enough damage.
- Guardian Angel is ideal against assassins who can quickly demolish you, to survive and not become useless.
- At the end of the game it will be important to choose armor penetration against enemies who can take it, with Mortal Reminder against enemy regeneration or Lord Dominik's Regards against health points.
- Stormrazor offers a more than interesting slowing down on the Q - Parrrley, enough to catch up with possible runaways.
How to play Gangplank
Gangplank is a character with a very high skillcap. With a puny lane appearance, the pirate can become a very big lane bully! Gangplank's lategame is one of the best in the game, so don't be in too much of a hurry. In addition to buying items, Gangplank can improve his ultimate ability three times in the game. The detonation time of your barrels will also change over the course of the game (it decreases at levels 7 and 13).
- Level 1: You will start with Q - Parrrley, to poke and activate your Grasp of the Undying to the maximum.
- Level 2: E - Powder Keg is a zone spell and doesn't cost mana, use it to depush waves and poke your opponent if he gets too close.
- Level 3: Keep W - Remove Scurvy to free yourself from opponent's controls during a gank, or a simple aggression: don't waste it just to heal yourself!
- Level 6: Take a frequent look at the map: R - Cannon Barrage can change the course of a skirmish on another lane, or simply prevent enemies from destroying a tower.
Tips & Tricks
- Create a chain with your E - Powder Kegs and destroy the first barrel with Q - Parrrley to reach distant enemies.
- Your Trinity Force gives you movespeed each time you kill a unit. A Keg is a unit: use it to flee or catch an enemy.
- On your lane, put a Powder Keg in a bush to surprise your enemies with a chain from it.
- Only you and your opponents can hit the Kegs. You can quickly take the life out of a barrel at 1HP by hitting it as soon as you make it appear.
- Regarding the R - Cannon Barrage upgrades: first, choose Death's Daughter which gives you more damage. Then, opt for Raise Morale which allows you and your team to gain movespeed. Finish with Fire at Will if the game drags on.
- If you place two Powder Kegs, you can blow the first one up, and place a third one that will explode in quick succession to surprise your opponents.
- More complicated to master, the Ghost Keg consists of placing one keg, make it explode with Q- Parrrley at your maximum range, in order to place a second Keg of powder which will explode almost instantaneously.