With Jax, you'll ideally start with a Corrupting Potion to get more health regeneration and poke strength. However, you can also start with a Doran Blade to get more damage and a little regeneration via Life Steal.
- Mercury's Treads is the best choice for a difficult heavy AP match-up.
- Ninja Tabi if you fear an heavy AD game.
- Trinity Force is the must-have item on Jax, with all the stats it provides and the Passive - SpellBlade that amplifies the damage of basic attacks after using a spell. Once purchased, Jax becomes a huge threat to the opposing team.
- Titanic Hydra offers a lot of health and has an active that allows you to reset an auto-attack. But most importantly, with Passive - Crescent, your auto-attacks inflict area damage, giving you the ability to destroy entire waves of minions in a very short period of time.
- Sterak's Gage is the last object of the winning trinity on Jax, with more attack damage, hit points and a liability providing a shield proportional to your health points, you'll have all the cards in hand to crush your opponents. All by yourself, 1v5.
- Randuin's Omen is the object of choice if at least two champions of the opposing team base their damage on critical strikes.
- Adaptive Helm allows you to reduce the damage done by spells with very low cooldowns, such as Cassiopeia's E - Fatal Bite.
- Jax deals additional damage every 3 auto-attacks with his Passive - Relentless Assault. With Guinsoo's Rageblade, on the other hand, your passive will activate every two auto-attacks.
All of Jax's power lies in E - Counter Strike, which has a particularly high cooldown and mana cost. Therefore, make sure not to use it without good reason even if you are the target of an opponent's engagement.
- Level 1: With E - Counter Strike and the Conqueror rune, ensure a winning trade; when the Conqueror rune is activated, send an automatic attack on the enemy champion followed by E - Counter Strike, and attack him until E - Counter Strike stuns him. Take advantage of the stun to put an additional automatic attack on the enemy champion and disengage the fight before the momentum is reversed.
- Level 2: You can do the same thing as you did at level 1 with the only difference that now that you have Q - Leap Strike, you can jump on the enemy if he flashes or on a creep if you want to disengage the fight.
- First back: Ideally, make your first back to base with at least 1300 gold to buy Tiamat, some Healing Potions and a Control Ward.
Tips & Tricks
- Use the brushes or Flash to surprise your opponents with your E - Counter Strike.
- Q - Leap Strike inflicts effects on hit, W - Empower and the passive of your Trinity Force will therefore be applied, perfect for inflicting heavy damage to remove a target quickly.
- If possible, use W - Enpower after a basic attack to ignore the attack speed and thus link two automatic attacks together very quickly, allowing you to apply your passive more effectively.
- Q - Leap Strike can be used on allies and enemies as well as wards; keeping one on you at all times can allow you to jump over a wall and get out of tricky situations.