Jax is a juggler who will need some tools to be able to farm and gank, a Hunter's Machete will make an excellent starter, accompanied by Healing Potions.
- Mercury's Treads is the best choice for a difficult heavy AP match-up.
- Ninja Tabi if you fear an heavy AD game.
- Boots of Mobility is the best option to gank multiple times and apply map pressure.
- Stalker's Blade with Enchantment: Cinderhulk gives Jax health, as well as AOE damage to clear his jungle faster. In addition, he'll be able to slow down enemies trying to flee thanks to his improved Smite.
- Trinity Force is more than indicated on Jax, increasing his attack speed, damage, health, and giving him a burst every time he uses W - Empower. This item will also give him the ability to regularly jump on his enemies with Q - Leap Strike.
- Titanic Hydra will give Jax the ability to split push, in addition to increasing his overall damage, health and regeneration.
- Sterak's Gage will save our Grandmaster at Arms from enemy burst, allowing him to destroy his opponents.
- Guardian Angel offers armor as well as a way out of somewhat perilous situations, a very useful item in all circumstances.
- Randuin's Omen offers Jax a certain ability to ignore characters that would put a lot of pressure on him (such as AD carry or Tryndamere), which might be necessary in some cases.
Jax is a character who will need items to fully express himself, but will prove to be tenacious at the beginning of the game.
- Level 1: Begin at your Red Buff using your W - Empower to benefit from your auto-attacks reset.
- Level 2: Hurry to your Blue Buff and multi camps as well as the scuttle to reach level 3.
- Level 3: Now you can gank, use your Q - Leap Strike to catch your opponent and not to attack directly, and use your E - Counter Strike to stun your opponent and increase your chances of killing them.
- Note: Jax can invade his opponent very easily as soon as he obtains his R - Grandmaster's Might, which, in addition to increasing his damage every three hits, gives him a significant armor and magical resistance bonus upon activation.
Tips & Tricks
- Use the brushes or Flash to surprise your opponents with your E - Counter Strike.
- Q - Leap Strike inflicts effects on hit, W - Empower and the passive of your Trinity Force will therefore be applied, perfect for inflicting heavy damage to remove a target quickly.
- If possible, use W - Enpower after a basic attack to ignore the attack speed and thus link two automatic attacks together very quickly, allowing you to apply your passive more effectively.
- Q - Leap Strike can be used on allies and enemies as well as wards; keeping one on you at all times can allow you to jump over a wall and get out of tricky situations.